Last Saturday, the amazing women in my life got together to celebrate my upcoming birth. Debbie and Megan collaborated secretively to create a momentous occasion I will remember forever. Theresa and Courtney sang the Dar song I sing to Lena every night...a beautiful bead bracelet was constructed using beads specifically chosen by each person, and a gorgeous baby blanket was sewn together by Megan's mother-in-law displaying the personal and sentimental fabrics of the lives of these women. Debbie cooked and baked and we all ate as much as we could! There were even two surprise guests!! Megan put together the wreath I'm wearing on my head, and I felt like a queen all night long. Each person will be lighting a tea light candle when I go into labor and I'll be lighting the candles each person picked out for me. This powerful connection will no doubt help to give me strength while in labor. Thank you to everyone involved!
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Blessing Way 9/26/09
Last Saturday, the amazing women in my life got together to celebrate my upcoming birth. Debbie and Megan collaborated secretively to create a momentous occasion I will remember forever. Theresa and Courtney sang the Dar song I sing to Lena every night...a beautiful bead bracelet was constructed using beads specifically chosen by each person, and a gorgeous baby blanket was sewn together by Megan's mother-in-law displaying the personal and sentimental fabrics of the lives of these women. Debbie cooked and baked and we all ate as much as we could! There were even two surprise guests!! Megan put together the wreath I'm wearing on my head, and I felt like a queen all night long. Each person will be lighting a tea light candle when I go into labor and I'll be lighting the candles each person picked out for me. This powerful connection will no doubt help to give me strength while in labor. Thank you to everyone involved!